Local & International Art Opportunities
This is a list of blogs and websites that post consistently high quality calls for art. I’ll be adding to this over time, so pin this one using the red button to the left.
(If you do not have a portfolio website yet, it’s advisable to set one up before applying to serious art opportunities. Art Resourcery provides free tutorials that walk you through every step of setting up your own website.)
- New York Foundation For The Arts (NYFA)– NYFA Classifieds receives more listings per day than any other art-focused job board. If you only use their database to find exhibition opportunities, it will keep you quite busy. Based in NYC, so they’re the best of the best. They also have excellent articles about the business of art. It’s worth digging through the site.
- California Arts Council – Artist Calls– Their focus is on California artists, but check out the interstate art opportunities.
- The Art List – They update their list daily, and you can subscribe to get it all in newsletter form. This is one of my favorites.
- Hyperallergic Art Opportunities – This site’s gorgeous, contemporary design makes hunting for exhibition opportunities an aesthetic pleasure.
- The Art Guide – In addition to calls for art, they allow you to post exhibition announcements for free.
- Art Deadline – A slightly old-school interface, but they post interesting international calls for art.
What are your go-to “calls for art” blogs?
If you know of a great place that isn’t on this list, share the link in the comments below!